Adult Day Health Services
The Adult Day Health Services program provides health care and social interaction for frail and / or functionally impaired adults in a friendly and safe environment, while at the same time offering rest, support and counseling to family/caregivers. Finger Lakes Health's Adult Day Health Services Program is offered at three locations:
Home Away From Home
The Homestead at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital, Penn Yan
Geneva Adult Day Health Center
116 Lewis Street, Geneva
Waterloo Adult Day Health Center
Huntington Living Center, Waterloo
Program participants spend from one to five days each week at the Centers.
- Nursing care and supervision by a Registered Professional Nurse (medication administration, wound care, health care education)
- Assistance with activities of daily living (showering, toileting, etc.)
- Social Services and Case Management
- Recreational activities designed to stimulate the physical and cognitive well being of the individual
- Nutritional Services including well balanced meals and nutrition education.
- Transportation is provided or arranged for each individual dependent upon needs
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Podiatry, and some dental care
- There is a beauty / barber shop available at each site
Participants can enjoy socialization with other seniors in a stimulating and encouraging group setting. Leisure time activities include music, arts, crafts, gardening, field trips and outings. Hot, nutritious meals meet individual dietary requirements. Participants have access to medical services in the health system's facilities, health care monitoring and skilled nursing care, as well as case management and counseling services.
The Adult Day Health Services Program provides the avenues by which participants can remain independent and continue living in the community. Adult Day Health Care costs are covered for Medicaid-eligible participants. Private pay rates are available, upon request. For more information on Adult Day Health Services, call (315) 787-4710 for the Geneva program, (315) 787-4991 for the Waterloo program or (315) 531-2710 for the Penn Yan program.