(HealthDay News) -- Corns are thick calluses that form on the feet, and they can be quite painful.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons lists these possible causes:
- Wearing shoes that are too tight and squeeze the feet.
- Wearing shoes that are too loose and allow the foot to slide around.
- Having a stitch or seam inside a shoe that rubs against the toes.
- Wearing socks that don't fit your feet well.
- Having a deformity of the toes, including a hammer toe or claw toe.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.