(HealthDay News) -- Young children need plenty of quality sleep each night, but meeting that goal can be a struggle for parents.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions to help make sleep time for children easier:
- As much as possible, make sure children go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
- Follow a consistent, soothing bedtime routine.
- Set, explain and enforce limits for children at bedtime.
- Encourage children to sleep with a comfort item, such as a blanket or small stuffed animal.
- Make sure children sleep in the same room each night. The room should be cool, dark and quiet, with nothing stimulating, such as a television.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.