(HealthDay News) -- Expectant moms and their growing babies are more susceptible to the dangers of food poisoning.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says pregnant women should avoid these foods to help reduce their risk:
- Don't eat raw or undercooked fish, smoked seafood, or any rare, raw or undercooked meat.
- Don't eat fish that may contain high amounts of mercury, including king mackerel, shark, swordfish or tilefish.
- Don't eat unpasteurized dairy products, including milk or cheese.
- Don't eat eggs or egg products that are raw or undercooked.
- Don't eat deli salads, raw sprouts or unpasteurized vegetable or fruit juices.
- Don't eat spreads made from meat or pate.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.