Finger Lakes Health rounds out our exceptional heart care with a comprehensive range of patient support, from specialized therapy programs to complementary whole person strategies for wellness close to home. We recognize that healing takes place best when patient feel supported physically, emotionally and mentally during their health challenges. We also know that for patient to succeed, they need customized plans that account for their specific need and health profile. Our programs prioritize safe, effective methods, and feature:
- Individualized exercise and nutritional plans
- Close monitoring by medical staff
- Classes and support to encourage healthy lifestyle choices
Finger Lakes Health staff wants to get patients back to their lives as quickly as possible. We also want to be partners in lifelong wellness.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program can be a 1, 2 or 3 phase program, designed to maximize recovery and promote cardiovascular fitness. It provides a better understanding of their disease of the patient and family. Patients recovering from cardiac bypass surgery, angina, heart attack, or angioplasty or other cardiac conditions can benefit for Cardiac Rehabilitation. The Cardiac Rehabilitation program at Geneva General Hospital and Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital are both certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Phase I: Is an in-patient education program, which addresses basic questions about the individuals condition and other procedures they may be facing. (GGH and SSMH)
- Phase II: Is a 12 week monitored outpatient program, meeting 3 times a week for exercise sessions with the use of specialized equipment. All exercise classes are conducted by RN’s with ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification. Group and Individualized education sessions covering topics of concern to the patient and/or family are an important part of the patient’s recovery. Participants are accepted into by physician referral only. An individual is required to have an exercise treadmill test, which will evaluate exercise capacity at the start of the program and is evaluated at intervals throughout the program. This program is generally covered (in part) by insurance. (GGH and SSMH)
- Phase III: Is an RN supervised maintenance exercise program for patients who want to increase or maintain the benefits of Phase II. The Phase III program meets only at SSMH.
For questions regarding the Cardiac Rehabilitation program, call (315) 787-4596 at Geneva, or (315) 531-2596 in Penn Yan.