Occupational Therapy focuses on training clients to become as independent as possible in daily life. Some of the diagnoses occupational therapists treat include strokes, work-related injuries, sports injuries, tendonitis, fractures, cut tendons, cognitive impairments, low vision or other serious illnesses. Customized treatment programs are designed to improve your ability to carry out activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, cooking, writing and preparing to return to work.
Occupational Therapy services include:
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Training in activities of daily living
- Assessment and treatment of work performance skills
- Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function
- Hand therapy
- Upper extremity splinting
- Energy conservation skills
- Low vision program
- Instruction to family members and attendants on safe and effective methods of caring for individuals
Our staff has a varied experience that makes them uniquely qualified to treat a variety of patient issues. They have unique equipment to assist them in your care, including a full kitchen set-up, fluidotherapy (a deep heating devise) and the Dynavision 2000 (a devise that assists in the training of visual scanning and eye/hand coordination) to name a few.
A physician's referral is required for service. You may choose from one of three sites to receive your therapy. To schedule an appointment at any of our three sites please call (315) 787-5444.